Chromium Metal Regular Grade & Vacuum Melting Grade
Chromium metal is manufactured by the aluminothermic reduction of chromium oxide and the material is then crushed and ground to specific size requirements.
The chromium metal is used for applications in the following:
- - Superalloys - to improve heat, wear and corrosion resistance
- - Electrical resistance wire - to enhance heat and corrosion resistance
- - Atomised hardfacing alloys - to increase hardness and wear resistance
- - Aluminium and copper alloys - to enhance heat and corrosion resistance
- - Complex stainless steels
- - Nickel base alloys
- - Valve steels.
Download our product sheet for more details.
Various compositions are available upon request.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Available in lump or granular form to requirements.
Uniform nett weight steel drums or as specified.
To view supporting information, please click on the relevant download link to the right.